Long time no see! It’s been a hot minute since the last time I blogged and that’s because in case you haven’t noticed I updated my blog! Like I mentioned in my last Seven Things post (if you were able to read it) I migrated from Blogger to WordPress! The reason I wanted to move from Blogger to WordPress was that I wanted a cute yet professional website that contained all my content, including a shop and I could only do so much on the Blogger platform. It took 3 weeks to fully transfer because I ran into a couple of problems with trying to move all my Blogger data. I know there are services out there that can move you to WordPress but they were out of my price range. After watching multiple Youtube videos I thought I could do it on my own but every time I tried to follow those steps I ran into multiple errors, next time Mercury is in retrograde and I mention I want to adjust my blog someone please talk me out of it!
Anyways, I finally got some help from the people over at WPBeginner. They helped me by finding an alternative way to move all my Blogger data. They walked me through every step of the process and simplified the steps for me. If you ever plan on moving to WordPress on your own and need help I HIGHLY RECOMMEND reaching out to the lovely people at WPBeginner. They also have a Youtube channel with many WordPress tutorials that are very helpful.
My blog is by no means finished, I still have a ton of things I need to do like go through all my old images, fix broken links, reformat some posts, basically a lot of blogger admin work which I actually enjoy.
As for new things, I added a new about page and shop so now you can read my blog and shop all my crochet items all on the same spot! Because I loved my last Blogger theme so much I tried my best to find a theme that matched my previous blog theme, my new theme was made by this Etsy shop. I’m very pleased with how it turned out but I’ll probably be adjusting details to the layout for the next week. As much as I wanted my blog to be 100% ready for you all, I knew that if I were to wait until it was completely done with the site it would’ve probably taken me a month or so and I didn’t want to go on without posting anything new.
– Remember how last time I mentioned that I had Globus Sensation well I just discovered that I may have Dermatographia as well! Dermatographia is a skin writing condition. I always just thought I had very sensitive body skin but when I scratch myself, even the tiniest scratch causes very noticeable red marks to appear on my skin and it takes about 20-30 minutes for these marks to naturally fade away. I decided to test it out by writing HELLO with my nails on my forearm and as a result, a faint red HELLO appeared on my skin! It’s sort of cool and from what I read it’s a strange harmless condition to have.
– Disappointed but not surprised that Nintendo didn’t announce an Animal Crossing New Horizons update at E3.
– Speaking of Animal Crossing, I moved Kid Cat (the cute jock cat) to my island, Lavendula. I realized that I still haven’t obtained all the reactions so I’ll be working on collecting all the reactions until a new update is announced. Hopefully one is coming soon!
– Ellie K started a new Youtube channel! I’ve followed Ellie over on her blog and Instagram for some time but I’m loving her videos. She vlogs about her life as a med student studying in China.
– For the past week I’ve been listening to the Let’s Not Meet: A True Horror Podcast. I’ve listened to an episode or two in the past but I just started following this podcast and would recommend this podcast if you enjoy true crime and paranormal scary stories.
– A new season of Summer Camp Island is out! I actually haven’t had HBO Max in a while so I still need to watch the previous season as well. Summer Camp Island is a dreamy pastel-colored animated series (think Adventure Time) that’s set on a magical island full of cute animal children with witches and monsters.
– It’s Father’s Day this Sunday in the US. We’re planning on having a backyard cookout! If you’re celebrating this weekend, what are your Father’s Day plans?
What are your thoughts on the new blog makeover?