– Just found that I have, yet another anxiety symptom (just, in time for Mental Health Awareness Month!) A few months ago, I started feeling like I had a lump in my throat. Obviously, I started freaking out but this wasn’t a permanent feeling, it would come and go so I checked my neck for any visible lumps around my neck and nothing. It wasn’t until earlier this week that I found that this is called Globus Sensation. This sensation is caused by stress and anxiety. I found that drinking warm tea and massaging the throat helps calm down this sensation. Have any of you experienced Globus Sensation?
– This video really made me think. I’m not one for clickbait videos like this but it was suggested for me on Youtube so I gave it a go. If age and time trigger you, you might want to skip that video.
– Kimchi fried rice is my new favorite meal/side dish. I use brown rice, tofu, and vegan kimchi to make my kimchi fried rice. It’s so delicious!
– I’ve been having trouble sleeping again so I’ve been listening to the Sleep With Me Podcast again. Their Great British Bake Off episodes are my favorite! It’s making me want to rewatch season 6 of GBBO, it’s one of my favorite seasons!
– Earlier this week, Instagram introduced their new “hidden likes” feature. I’m so excited about this feature! Unfortunately, numbers are a trigger for me so having the opportunity to hide your likes is a game-changer. Hopefully, this new feature will make people engage more with their audience rather than obsessing over the numbers. Thoughts on the Instagram update?
– How is this the last full week of May? I swear these months are flying by!
– I’ll be taking a blog break next week because I’ll be attempting to migrate my blog from Blogger to WordPress. Even though I’ve been binging tons of videos on how to move to WordPress I’m still preparing myself to make mistakes. So, if things look a bit odd here for the next week or so, just know that I’m working on leveling up my blog to a better platform. When I return, hopefully, my blog will look and work better. Wish me luck!
Posts from the week
A Self-Care Checklist
The Sagittarius Blood Full Moon
How was your week?
Michelle / Daisybutter says
Happy weekend Michelle! I too have really enjoyed the 'hide likes' feature on Instagram – numbers really play tricks on my mind, even though I KNOW it's just an app. Interestingly, hiding likes has helped the likes soar…
Anna Jo says
It's my first time hearing about Globus Sensation, but I'm glad it didn't last, and that warm tea and massaging the neck would help calm it (it does sound like a relaxing solution!)
Aw I love kimchi fried rice too. Actually, I've been loving kimchi a lot, that I include it in my meals nowadays. I'm also excited whenever I drop by our Korean grocery just to buy kimchi :")
Good luck with the move from Blogger to WordPress! I tried wordpress before, but I found it confusing to navigate in.. I think I'll stay with Blogger 🙂
Hope you're having a lovely weekend, Michelle!
Anna Jo | http://www.helloannajo.com