This Friday, October 16, there will be a Libra New Moon, a new moon in the sign of Libra. Some may call this moon a Super moon because of how close the moon is towards the Earth. Every New Moon is different because of its position and what planets around at the time. The New Moon is like a fresh new start, a clean slate if you will. This is the time to draw in all the new energy because this is when the Moon’s energy is at its strongest. You can always work with the energy of any New Moon 2 days before and 2 days after which means you can start right after you finish this post!
The New Moon is the perfect time for Manifestation. Now is the time to plant seeds, set goals, and make a list of things that will help you get there. What are your deepest desires? Want to try something new? Now is the time to manifest these things into your life! Write down your intentions during the Libra New Moon, date it, store it in a place you’ll come back to, and bring it out back on the Libra Full month (6 months from now) and reflect and see how far you’ve come. But always remember to put some action behind those intentions.
Activities to do during a New Moon
– Manifest. Planet the seeds of your future dreams.
– Set your new goals by journaling or create a dream board. If you plan on journaling, I recommend using these journal prompts.
– Self-care. Take some time to step away from your phone. Maybe take a relaxing bath, start a new book, do some moon yoga, whatever you want really.
– Take a night walk under the new moon to fully absorb its energy.
– Make a moon oil (use thyme or floral herbs and a rose or clear quartz).
– Meditate. I always do a special guided meditation on the day of the New Moon. I recommend working with a crystal for extra insight.
– Do a special New Moon Tarot reading (I like doing these spreads under a New or Full Moon). If you don’t have a Tarot deck you can use the Labyrinthos app.
Anyways, the point of this post is to learn a little bit about the New Moon. I’m still new to working with moon energy. As a moonchild, (Cancer’s planet is literally the moon) I used to think that having a moon as my astrological planet was a disadvantage because the moon isn’t a planet. So, I decided to start “studying” (I use the term studying very lightly) the moon for a few different reasons, again I’m a Cancer and the moon is often brought up in my readings so I thought I should learn about the moon. I’ve read a few books and follow a few astrologists that talk about the moon. I follow an astrologist that refers to Cancers as Moonchildren which is really cute! If any of you have any book recommendations on how to work with the moon let me know. I’m always looking to further my studies with the moon. After learning a little about the moon I now have a new appreciation for the moon and now I feel like Cancer’s are lucky to have the moon as their “planet” because we’re literally moonchildren!
Let me know what you thought of this post and if you would like to see more posts like this in the future. Not sure how many of you are into astrology and moon stuff. haha
How do you work with moon energy?