I crocheted Tata using the same body pattern as I did with Chimmy but left a row of two out to make his body a bit smaller. Tata’s heart-shaped head is his focal point and what I concentrated on the most. I could’ve made to separate heart shapes and sewing them together but I really wanted to challenge myself and make one piece and I think it came out really well.
Cc – color change
Slst – slip stitch
Sc – single crochet
Dec – decrease
Flo – front loop only
[(x)] – follow everything between [x] the number of times in (x)
– Magic circle 8 sts. Total = 8 sts
– Sc 16 sts (x5). Total = 16 sts
– Sc 16 sts (x7). Total = 16 sts
*Slst next st, attach this part to the first piece (the smaller piece of the heart)*
– Sc 32 sts (x2). Total = 32 sts
– [Dec, sc 5 sts, dec (x2)], [sc 5 sts, dec (x2)], sc 5 sts. Total = 26 sts
– Sc 26 sts. Total = 26 sts
– Dec, sc 4 sts (x3). Total = 21 sts
– Sc 21 sts. Total = 21 sts
– Dec, sc 3 sts, dec, sc 2 sts, dec, sc 1 st, dec, sc 3 sts. Total = 16 sts
– Sc, dec (x8). Total = 8 sts
– Dec (x4). Total 4 sts
Body + Legs
Arms (make 2)
Time to sew everything together! Sew the arms to the body. Then sew the head to the body.
Cut out Tata’s face and dots with the yellow and black felt. I cut out a total of 13 dots. There are a couple different versions of Tata with his dots so I just picked one photo and followed the placement of Tata’s dots. Glue and press down lightly to secure.