On the eleventh day of 12 Days Of DIY, I crocheted for you, a Mimikyu plush! Yes! Another Pokemon Sun and Moon Pokemon! After I made Popplio I wanted to make my second favorite Pokemon from Sun and Moon, Mimikyu. Mimikyu is Pokemon that disguises itself under a Pikachu veil. The black parts on the body are Mimikyu’s eye. You are able to see Mimikyu’s black feet under the Pikachu cloth but I decided not to make that part. Some may say Mimikyu is creepy but I have sympathy towards it because it dresses up as Pikachu because it’s lonely and wants to make friends.
Slst – slip stitch
Dec – decrease
Sc – single crochet
Blo – back loop only
– Sc 4 sts. Total = 4 sts
– Dec 2. Total = 1 st
Weave in ends. If you want Mimikyu’s ears to blend cut out a small piece of copper wire and add to the top part of the ear (this step in optional though). Stuff the bottom part of the ear (not the black part) and sew the ear closed. Repeat the same on the other ear.
Bottom edges (x6, use smaller hook)
Insert G hook into the blo stitches.
– Slst, sc 4. Total = 4 sts
– Ch 1, turn, dec 2. Total = 2 sts
– Ch 1, turn, dec. Total = 1st
Cut off, repeat around Mimikyu;s body until you have 6 edges total
Weave yarn tails
Tail (make 2, use smaller hook)
– Ch 3, sc 2nd hook from hook, sc 2. Total = 2 sts
– Ch 1, turn, sc 2 (x2). Total = 2 sts
– Don’t turn and ch 3 sts, sc 3 (attach to the side stitch from previous row)
– Ch 1, turn, sc 3 sts (x2). Total = 3 sts
– Don’t turn and ch 4 sts, sc 4 (attach to the side stitch from previous row)
– Ch 1, turn, sc 4 sts (x2). Total = 4 sts
– Don’t turn and ch 6 sts, sc 6 (attach to the side stitch from the previous row)
– Ch 1, turn, sc 6 sts (x4). Total = 6 sts
Cut off, leave long tail for sewing
Lay the two parts on top of each other and sew together. Attach the tail by sewing it to the body. Sew the first square to the tail to the body so that Mimikyu’s tail sticks up slightly.
For the face I used a plastic bag, glue, yarn and thread. First, I drew out Mimikyu’s eyes, cheeks and month on the plastic bag and then I placed the thread in the cheek and eye spaces. I did the same for the month but used black yarn because Mimikyu’s mouth in thicker looking. Wait until the glue is completely dry then carefully peel off all the pieces. Glue all the parts onto the face and you are done with Mimikyu’s face!
Now it’s sewing time! Sew the head to the body and your Mimikyu is ready to be loved!
What’s your favorite Pokemon from Sun and Moon?